The Western Australian Group of University Librarians (WAGUL) is a collaborative venture designed to foster co-operation, sharing of ideas and joint action to enhance the delivery of academic library services in Western Australia.
Please visit our blog to view all the latest news about our collaborative projects and events.
The Western Australian Group of University Librarians met formally for the first time in October 1992 as a cooperative initiative of the four publicly funded universities in Western Australia. The University of Notre Dame Australia joined the group in 1999.
The group currently meets four times each year, and is chaired by each University Librarian in an annual rotation, with executive support provided by the host library for that year. The current chair of WAGUL is Jill Benn – University Librarian (University of Western Australia).
Terms of Reference
- To increase and enhance access to scholarly information between member institutions for their staff and students;
- To facilitate the regular exchange of information;
- To act as a consortium, were appropriate, for the purchase of resources and services;
- To provide a regional focus for consideration of national initiatives such as eResearch;
- To consider issues referred by other groups such as WLRSG, WISE and the Joint Purchasing Group;
- To recognise the contribution made by the staff of the WAGUL institutions to the purpose and core business of WAGUL.